Celebrate National Smile Power Day with us on June 15 (and shouldn’t it really also be every other day, too?).
That’s why we’ve got a great list of inspirational quotes that will make you smile.
Pen them on Post-It notes and pin them to your bathroom mirror – and everywhere – to start your day off right.
Text a couple of these babies to yourself and your friends. Snapshot them and post them on Facebook and Instagram. We invite you to spread the positivity - paying that smile forward today costs nothing and will yield a whole lot of good in the world. Here are 10 of our favorite happy-inducing quotes:
1. “Happiness isn’t something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.” – Dalai Lama
2. “We tend to forget that happiness isn’t the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you’re doing, you’ll be successful.” – Hermain Cain
3. “We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” – Frederick Keonig 4. “Learn to let go. That’s the key to happiness.” – Buddha 5. “You’ll never find a rainbow if you’re looking down.” – Charlie Chaplin
6. “Do what makes you happy, be with who makes you smile, laugh as much as you breathe, and love as long as you live.” – Rachel Ann Nunes
7. “Happiness consists of living each day as if it were the first day of your honeymoon and the last day of your vacation.” – Leo Tolstoy
8. “Twenty years from now you’ll be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
9. “Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
10.“To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness.” – Mary Stuart
Plus: Find your own favorite quotes here.